WHAT WE'RE AWARE OF WE CAN CONTROL, WHAT WE'RE UNAWARE OF CONTROLS US!
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage emotions in an effective and positive way. It is essential for building accountable teams and developing high performing organisations because emotionally intelligent people are able to:
- Communicate better.
- Reduce anxiety and stress.
- Defuse conflicts.
- Improve relationships.
- Empathise with others.
- Question whether there are good reasons for the limiting beliefs that might be holding them and others back.
- Effectively overcome life's challenges.
While some people naturally have high EQ, it is also a skill that can be practiced and developed. Practicing emotionally intelligent behaviours helps your brain adapt to making these behaviours automatic and take the place of behaviours that are less helpful like ...
- Avoiding difficult issues and conversations with others or lashing out.
- Complaining about, avoiding and putting off new and difficult tasks.
- Wasting time over thinking about these problems.
- Building up resentment and anger which can affect family at home.
- Gossiping to recruit allies to make us feel better.
- Avoiding and leaving conflict only to find the same conflict resurfacing again later.
"Phenomenal workshop! I sat in awe whilst attending one of Michael's workshops. He has really dedicated himself to this topic and delivered in an easy to follow format.'
"I loved the reassurance, the tips, and the non judgement. The experience of truly being heard. It was very empowering and I'm very grateful."
"I attended an Emotional Intelligence workshop and found it very informative session. Michael is a great speaker and created a safe space to share and learn as a group."